The second Cape Town International Dance Festival will take place from 1 to 4 December 2016. Artists and dance companies interested in participating in this prestigious event are invited to apply now.
Launched in 2015 with artists from five countries coming together to perform on indoor and outdoor stages, from the city centre to Gugulethu, The Cape Town International Dance Festival aims to inspire collaboration and dialogue between different dance forms.
Last year’s carefully curated dance programme was complemented by a series of workshops, film screenings, photo and art exhibitions, as well as a creative and cultural encounter in both Town and Township. The 2016 festival will build on the success of last year with participating companies being invited to conduct collaborative workshops and participate in master classes during the week preceding the festival performances.
Artists and dance groups interested in participating are invited to apply by 31 August 2016. New and existing work will be considered and candidates will be selected based on artistic merit. Successful applicants will be notified by 9 September 2016.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a professional or non-professional artist, choreographer or group
- Selected participants will be required to sign a participation contract
- Your application should include:
- A biography, including contact details, in Word/PDF format
- Three images representing the artist, group or work
- A proposal for a work/performance piece of 5-15 minutes, 20-45 minutes, or a full evening performance
- A description of the dance form presented (e.g. contemporary, traditional, hip hop) and the concept and themes of the work
- A hyperlink to a video clip of the work/performance piece you intend to perform
Please send your applications to email@example.com by 31 August 2016.
For the duration of the festival, participants will have access to:
- Performance venues in Cape Town and Gugulethu
- Rehearsal space (from 28 November)
- Technical, lighting, sound and stage support (from 28 November)
- Transport to and from rehearsal spaces and venues
- Complimentary tickets to festival performances (at the discretion of the organisers)
We look forward to receiving your application and to welcoming you the second Cape Town International Dance Festival.
For more information, please contact Marí Stimie, Festival Project Manager on +27 (0) 76 4800 643 (Mobile) or +27 (0) 21 422 3368 (Office).